We are learning to adapt our church activities in this time of the corona virus pandemic, but we still do have activities and ways to join together for projects and for fellowship.
Church services and meetings have all been online at Zoom since March, but much is still happening. We continue to plan for a day when we can all be together again in person.
As well-stated by a former moderator, we have some great opportunities for you to volunteer or to attend classes, and to meet new people who may, in fact, become life-long friends. Even online, it can happen. Take a chance. Unless otherwise indicated, the following are all currently only online.
- Join in the Sunday morning worship at 10:30 (preceded by fellowship time beginning at 10:00).
- Tuesday evening Roots of Joy services at 7:00.
- Participate in the many fellowship opportunities offered by the Fellowship Ministry
- Watch the calendars in the monthly newsletter and mark your personal calendar accordingly.
- Volunteer to help out in the Sunday school or the youth group – they often need help.
- The Outreach Ministry often needs your help with Grandfamilies Brunches and other service projects
- These will be rescheduled when it is safe to gather together again.
- The Worship Ministry sometimes needs help calling on those in need of a visit or care of some kind.
- Do you have musical talents to share? This can be done online too.
- Volunteer to help on Sunday morning by being a Lay Reader, doing a children’s story or providing flowers, and when we can meet together in person, ushering, greeting and acting as Fellowship Hour Host.
- Do you want to start something new? Go for it!
I welcome you to come and explore what the church has to offer, and to meet us and get to know us, and let us get to know you. Participate.
Lynn Barber, Moderator
You can reach me by leaving a message with the Church office at 907-272-8363 (FAX: 907-272-5124) or by emailing email@example.com